Friday, May 22, 2009

indians' mentality

I received an email the other day about how indians spend their money. I found it rather true that most indians would rather invest their money on not so important things other than their children's education. A lot of their money are spent on temple which would just help the temple's committee to use that money to develop their temple. If they spent that money to buy books for their children instead, that money would have served its purpose more for the betterment of our community. I can't just blame the parents solely in this matter. I have friends who would buy a lot of clothes and accessories but would hesitate to buy expensive books. This is the difference between indians and chinese. Indians do not really regard books to be important. But, books are the source of knowledge and no matter how much you spend on books, it would never be a waste. Quoted from mahatma gandhi- live as if you were to die tomorrow and learn as if you were to live forever. This quote really emphasises the importance of education. So, it does not matter if you are poor in terms of money but make sure you are wealthy in terms of knowledge.

2 comments:

Mulllai said...

sis, I would like to copy paste this post in my blog and also the "dogs" post... dun worry I'l state there tht its from u... cos I find it interesting and those who aref following mine wud love ur entries... is it ok 4 u?

puppylover said...

sure, dear.. no prob..