Sunday, November 7, 2010

expectations

Expectations- they can be bad or good, either they destroy or they build you, either they make you feel disappointed or proud. The outcome actually depends on the circumstances. Some expectations motivate you, the rest burdens you. The fact is that it all rests on how close is that expectation with your capabilities. Dream big, but do not dream impossible. Personally, I feel sometimes suffocated by other people's expectations. It can just be overwhelming sometimes when you need to live up to others’ expectations. I, for one, prefer to have my own expectations rather than being congested with other people’s expectations as no one can possibly know me better than my own self.















I can only pity those kids whose parents burden them with their own unrealized dreams and never allow them to enjoy their lives to the fullest. These children are never given a chance to prove themselves and even worse, they are forced to do something they are not passionate about. I am grateful that my parents never push or force me to become anything. They just gave me the full freedom of choosing anything that I love. This proved to be very crucial as it allowed me to be wiser in decision-making and also gave me a sense of responsibility to never let my parents down. Everyone on this Earth is born differently and is gifted in a unique way that can only be explored if given full freedom to attempt and try new things to unravel the hidden talent.

Nonetheless, some expectations are good if it is sensible. For instance, when a teacher tells her student that she believes that the student can do much better and ask him to work harder, this would certainly motivate the student to realize his own potential. But, expecting someone to be perfect and to be excellent constantly is just too much at times because that is just too impossible. We, as human beings are never perfect and are bound to make mistakes at anytime. If everyone realizes this simple truth, life would be much easier as you would not overdo things just to prove yourself to others.


No comments: