Friday, September 17, 2010

suicide or murder?

Few weeks ago, my friend was saying about feeling depressed and wanting to commit suicide. i didn't know how to console her. But, all that came to my mind when she said that was of a sister who was very close to my heart. She passed away when she was 18 years old. I was in Form Four at that time. When she passed away, all i could think of was that i would never see her again. And i was feeling guilty about not talking to her when i saw her for the last time. I met her about a few months before she died and i didn't get to talk to her simply because she was talking to another friend of hers, and i thought that i could catch up with her another time. I, like a typical human being, just took that moment for granted and lost the chance of talking to her for the very last time.

So, i told my friend that suicide is not really about killing your own self but murdering all those around you. That's what i believe at least. Although the sister didn't commit suicide and died because she met with an accident, there's not really much difference between the two. She just vanished into thin air out of a sudden.

I said to my friend that she'd probably be at peace if she died, but everyone else would be haunted by the GUILT of not being able to do anything to stop her. Her parents would spend their remaining years wondering where they've gone wrong and how they should have sensed it coming and why they didn't love their daughter more. And her friends would wonder why they didn't do anything to help her even though she was right in front of them all these years. The biggest sin is guilt. It will make your life a living hell if you are not able to bury it and move on with your life.

dedicated to Dana akka (130986-160904)
i miss u terribly.. love you always..:)

2 comments:

Mulllai said...

Knew it its abt Dana akka... I miss her too.. Though im not thinking abt her each and everyday but memories abt her are jus there deep in my heart tht a slight trigger will bring all her memories right in front of my eyes!! Great person on earth who left her print on all our hearts... May her soul rest in peace. Om namah shivaya!!

puppylover said...

yup, u're absolutely true.. may she rest in peace too.:)